Wednesday, October 2, 2013

NOVENA TO OUR LADY OF PILAR DE ZAMBOANGA



Feast of the Lady of the Pillar in Zamboanga City will be on October 12, 2013.
With everything that has happened to Zamboanga City the past month, the devotion to the Nuestra Señora Del Pilar lives on and has become stronger.
October 3 marks the beginning of the Novena masses for the Feast of the Lady of the Pillar.

I placed the Prayer Caption which speaks of intercession for Peace in Zamboanga City from this prayer:

Prayer for the Immaculate Queen of Peace

Most Holy and Immaculate Virgin, Mother of Jesus and our loving Mother, being His Mother, you shared in His universal kingship. The prophets and angels proclaimed Him King of Peace. With loving fervor in our hearts we salute and honor you as Queen of peace.

We pray that your intercession may protect us and all people from hated and discord, and direct our hearts into the ways of peace and justice which your Son, which taught and exemplified. We ask your maternal care for our Holy Father who works to reconcile the nations in peace. We seek your guidance for our President and other leaders as they strive for world peace.

Glorious Queen of Peace, grant us peace in our hearts, harmony in our families and concord throughout the world. Immaculate Mother, as patroness of our beloved country, watch over us and protect us with your motherly love. Amen.

I was searching for the Prayer to Our Lady of the Pillar and I found this Novena from the Official Facebook Page of Our Lady of Pilar de Zamboanga, with this link: https://www.facebook.com/notes/our-lady-of-pilar-de-zamboanga/novena-to-nuestra-se%C3%B1ora-la-virgen-del-pilar-de-zamboanga/298233180190380

Below is the Novena to the Lady of the Pillar for nine days. 

Novena
to Nuestra Señora La Virgen del Pilar de Zamboanga

In the name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. Amen.

Our Father…
Hail Mary…
Glory Be…

Holiest Virgin of the Pillar, Mother of God, with my whole heart and with my whole soul I consecrate to you my body with all its powers, and worship you above all the angels and saints in heaven as the Daughter of Our Eternal Father who art in heaven.

Hail Mary…

Holiest Virgin of the Pillar, Mother of Our Lord Jesus, I adore you and glorify you above all the angels and saints in paradise as the Mother of your only begotten Son, Our Savior, who redeemed mankind from sin, and consecrate to you my body with all its senses.

Hail Mary…

Holiest Virgin of the Pillar, refuge of sinners, and worthy of all the veneration and tenderness of angels and of men, with my whole soul I venerate you above all the angels and saints in heaven as the beloved Spouse of the Holy Spirit, and consecrate my heart to you all its affections, praying to you, my dearest Mother to obtain for me from the Most Holy Trinity all the heavenly graces I need for the salvation of my soul.

Hail Mary…

Most Holy Virgin of the Pillar, the Immaculate Mother of God, to your blessed trust and special protection and into thy bosom, I commend my soul and my body every day of my life on earth and in the final hour of my death.

Hail Mary…

To you my ever Virgin Lady of the Pillar, I entrust to your care all my problems, worries and miseries, my life, and end   of my life, so that by your kind intercession and by your own merits, all my actions may be directed and disposed according to your will and that of your Divine Son Jesus.

Hail Mary…

O Virgin of the Pillar, I give myself entirely to you, body and soul, to show my eternal devotion to you, dearest Mother, I consecrate to you this day my eyes, my ears, my mouth, my heart and my whole being without reserve. Wherefore my good and dearest Mother, as I am yours, keep me and guard me as your property.
Hail Mary…

Most Holy Mary, Virgin of the Pillar, unworthy though I am yet moved by your tender care and motherly affection for me and longing to be of service to you, I choose this day in the presence of my guardian angel and of all the saints in heaven to be my Queen, my Advocate, and my dearest Mother. I firmly resolve to be of service to you now and always, and to do what I can that all my pay homage to your divine name and honor.

Hail Mary…

Wonderful Virgin of the Pillar, you are all mine through your divine and loving mercy. If you see in me anything which does not belong to you, I humbly implore you my dearest Mother, to take it and make yourself the ruler of my heart and of all that is mine to give. Destroy in me all that in most displeasing to you and to your Son, the God- Almighty, Our Father who art in heaven.

Hail Mary…

Immaculate Mary, Our Lady of the Pillar, Queen of heaven, Mother of mercy, obtain for me divine graces. I firmly resolve this day and always to entrust my heart and soul into your hands to be consecrated to Our Lord and Savior.

Hail Mary…

Most Blessed Lady of the Pillar, I now give my heart to you in the presence of the angels and saints in paradise, and consecrate it to your only begotten Son Jesus. Because of the childlike confidence I have for you, my dearest Mother, I am certain that you will do all you can to make my heart belong entirely to Jesus now and forever so that I may imitate  His examples and that of the saints in heaven.

Hail Mary…

Therefore, my most devoted and loving Mother, Virgin of the Pillar, aid me in my every thought, word and action and beg foe me from you Son Jesus, the graces never to be displeasing in His sight. Dearest Mother, think of me and do not abandon me in life and in the hour of me death.  Amen.

Act of Contrition

O dear Jesus, my Lord, my Creator and my Redeemer, I am truly and heartily sorry for having offended Thee, true God and true Man. Thou art all good and deserving of all my love. With the help of Your divine Grace, I firmly resolve with all my heart to do penance, to sin no more, and to avoid the proximate occasion of sin, that I may be worthy of Your heavenly Kingdom. Amen.

First Day of the Novena

(While kneeling in front of the image of Our Lady of the Pillar, and making the sign of the Cross, recite the Act of Contrition and say the following prayer.)

Prayer

Hail, Mary, Our Lady of the Pillar, conceived without sin, I come to venerate and worship you above all the angels and saints in heaven as my Queen, my Lady, and my dearest Mother. I firmly resolve to serve you always, and to do what I can that all may render faithful service to you. Most Holy Mary, through your kind intercession and by your own merits, obtain for me from your Divine Son Jesus, our Lord and Savior, all the graces I need for the eternal salvation of my soul. Therefore, most devoted Mother of mothers, through the Precious Blood which your Son shed for us, I humbly beseech thee to receive me among your devotees, and to accept me as your servant forever. Help me in my every thought, action word and deed, never to be displeasing in your sight and in the sight of your Son, our Lord and Redeemer. Think of me always, my dear Lady of the Pillar, and do not forsake me in the hour of my death. Amen.

(And lifting your eyes towards our dear Lady of the Pillar, pray fervently that through her kind intercession your favor be granted.)

(Here say five Hail Mary’s after each of the verses in honor of MARIA.)

M other of God thou art Virgin of the Pillar begin Reward of the repentant sinner Who approaches thy merciful shrine.
(5 Hail Mary…)

lways, thy children proclaim Thy Kingdom over us all, Invoking thy marvelous  Name, Joyfully, thy glories extol.
(5 Hail Mary…)

everently down we kneel, Humbly with hearts contribute Thy Motherly care we  feel. We Feel, O Queen, our souls delight.
(5 Hail Mary…)

mage of God, Holy and Pure, Embalmed breeze of eternity With thee alone we are safe and sure. While life’s boat sails on heavenward.
(5 Hail Mary…)

A ve Maria, angel’s voice Listen Maiden, the ear incline God’s message, that Master’s choice, Ave Maria, Mother divine.
(5 Hail Mary…)

Antiphon

Come, O Lady, shining Pillar: Come, O Mary and shield us promptly; come O long-desired Queen, descended from the royal house of David, daughter of the Divine Father, precious Mother of the Divine Son, Immaculate spouse of the Holy Spirit. At the sight of your ineffable virtues, the angels rejoice, the Seraphim, ceaselessly chant: “Holy, Holy, Holy to the Mother of Our Leader and Our King.”

P. Pray for us. Holy Virgin Mary of the Pillar.
R. That we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ.

Prayer

Lord, God Almighty, who hast deigned to place your mother, the ever Virgin Mary, on a pedestal to be our perpetual succor and comfort in the hour of our need, grant we humbly beseech Thee, O Lord, through the intercession of Your dear Mother, what we fervently ask of Thee in her name. Amen.

Second Day

(On bended knees, recite the Act of Contrition after making the sign of the Cross and say the following prayer.)

Prayer

Hail, Mary, beloved Mother of our Lord, my loving Lady of the Pillar, my powerful Queen, I consecrate my whole life to you with out reserve. Thou art the dispenser, my dearest Mother, of all the graces which your Divine Son Jesus bestows upon us wretched creatures and has made thee so powerful, so rich, so kind, in order that thou mayest  assist us in our miseries. I am yours, my dearest Mother, keep me, guard me as your property and possession. Let me imitate perfectly the example of the saints and in particular that of Saint Joseph, your most chaste spouse. Grant I beseech thee the favor I ask of thee in this Novena. Amen.

(Here say Five Hail Mary’s, Antiphon and Prayer)

Third Day

(On bended knees, recite the Act of Contrition after making the sign of the Cross and say the following prayer.)

Prayer

Hail, Mary, accept the consecration of my heart to you as an act of self–surrender to your motherly care. Never was it known that anyone who invoked your protection, implore your aid, or sought your kind intercession was left unaided. Inspired with this confidence, I come to you, O Virgin of the Pillar, and before you I stand. Sinful and sorrowful. O my dearest Mother, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy hear and answer me. Amen.

(Here say Five Hail Mary’s, Antiphon and Prayer)

Fourth Day

(On bended knees, recite the Act of Contrition after making the sign of the Cross and say the following prayer.)

Prayer

Hail, Mary, most Holy and Immaculate Virgin Mary, Our Lady of the Pillar, our most tender Mother and powerful help of Christians, we dedicate ourselves entirely to your sweet love and to your holy service. We consecrate to you our mind with its thoughts, our hearts with its affections, our body with its senses and all its powers, and we promise always to desire to work for the greater Glory of God and the salvation of souls. Mary, our help, grant that we may all be gathered under your maternal mantel and that the remembrance of your love for your children may so strengthen us to make us victorious over the enemies of our soul in life and in death, so that we may help to form your crown in heaven. Amen.

 (Here say Five Hail Mary’s, Antiphon and Prayer)

Fifth Day

(On bended knees, recite the Act of Contrition
after making the sign of the Cross and say the following prayer.)

Prayer

Hail, Mary, come to my aid most loving Virgin of the Pillar, in all my trials and needs. Obtain for me from your dear Son, Almighty God and our dear Lord Jesus Christ, the forgiveness and pardon of all my sins and the grace of fear of God and love for you. Grant health and purity of body and deliverance from all evils and dangers which threaten my soul and body. Do not reject me for my countless grievous sins. Do not forsake me on account of my great sinfulness or my hardness and uncleanness of heart. Graciously hear me, a miserable sinner, trusting in your tender mercy. Amen.

(Here say Five Hail Mary’s, Antiphon and Prayer) 

Sixth Day

(On bended knees, recite the Act of Contrition after making the sign of the Cross and say the following prayer.)

Prayer

Hail, Mary, my dear Mother of the Pillar, how much I love you, and yet in reality how little. You teach me what I ought to know for you teach me what Jesus is to me and I ought to be for Jesus. Dear Mother, how close to God you are and how completely filled with Him. In the measure that we know God we are reminded of you. Mother of God, obtain for me the grace of loving my Lord Jesus, and obtain for me the grace of loving you. In amendment for all the sins have committed in your service, I offer you, tender Mother, the most glorious and most adorable Heart of Jesus, with all the devoted love He showed you on earth and will show you eternally in heaven. Amen.

(Here say Five Hail Mary’s, Antiphon and Prayer)

Seventh Day

(On bended knees, recite the Act of Contrition after making the sign of the Cross and say the following prayer.)

Prayer

O Virgin of the Pillar, refuge of the needy and hope of sinners, filled with the most lively respect, love and gratitude, I devote myself forever to your service, and I offer thee my heart with all that I am and all that belongs to me. Accept this offering, sweet Queen of heaven and earth, and obtain for me of your dear Son Jesus Christ the favors I ask through your intercession in this Novena. Obtain also tender, generous, constant love of God, perfect submission to His adorable Will, the true spirit of a Christian, and the grace of final perseverance. Amen.

(Here say Five Hail Mary’s, Antiphon and Prayer)

Eight Day

(On bended knees, recite the Act of Contrition after making the sign of the Cross and say the following prayer.)

Prayer

Hail, Mary, Immaculate Virgin of the Pillar, who conceived without sin, directed every movement of your most pure heart towards God, and were always obedient to His Divine Will, obtain for me the grace to hate sin with all my heart and to learn from you to live in perfect resignation to the Will of God. Blessed Virgin, you kept in your heart the precious treasure of the words of your Son Jesus, and pondering over the sublime mysteries they contained, you lived only for God. How ashamed I am of my coldness of heart. Dear Mother, obtain foe me the grace of mediating and of seeking to follow your example in the fervent practice of all Christian virtues. Amen.  

(Here say Five Hail Mary’s, Antiphon and Prayer)

Ninth Day

(On bended knees, recite the Act of Contrition after making the sign of the Cross and say the following prayer.)

Prayer

Hail, Mary, Mother of the Pillar, and our most loving Mother, by your divine Motherhood you merited to share in your Divine Son’s right of universal kingship. We, your most humble servants and devoted Children, feel ourselves comforted by the though that, as it pleased your Son to have himself announced by the prophets and by the angels at Bethlehem under the glorious title of King of Peace, so, too, it must be pleasing to you to hear yourself greeted and honored by us under the title of Queen of Peace, a title that is very dear to your motherly heart and addressed to you with all the fervor of our hearts. Teach us to reproduce in ourselves your virtues, particularly angelic modesty, profound humility, and ardent charity, so that in our behavior, by our words and example, we may imitate as far as possible your Divine Son, Jesus, and may make you known and loved. Amen.

 (Here say Five Hail Mary’s, Antiphon and Prayer)

Let us Pray:

Grant, O Lord God, we beseech Thee, that we Thy servants may rejoice in continual health of mind and body, and through the glorious intercession of Blessed Mary ever Virgin , be freed from present sorrow and enjoy eternal gladness. Through Christ our Lord. Amen.

We, in Zamboanga City, continue to ask the intercession of the Lady of the Pillar for:
~~Peace, Safety and Security of our beloved City; 
~~Financial and collaborative support and empowerment from the National Government
~~Strength, Political will, Focus, Strategic minds and actions of the Leaders and implementors with the huge responsibility of rebuilding Zamboanga and continuation of essential services to the displaced; 
~~Courage and Protection for those who continue to protect the City and serve in uncertain areas
~~Resilience, Optimism and the Drive to Help Themselves for the Displaced communities and individuals
~~For everyone else: Compassionate Hearts, Willing Hands and Pro-active Minds who think, "How can I be of help?"
This we ask through Your intercession and in Jesus' name. Amen.

15 comments:

  1. Amen! Let's pray for her intercession that peace will reign...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! I missed Fiesta Pilar Celebration..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm hopeful for Zamboanga. With the Virgin of the Pillar and our faith, we can surely overcome anything! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Suck pick dats Wat I all need to do

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks doc for sharing this novena prayer

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks be to God , the Holy Spirit who reminded me to search this Novena Prayer of Our Lady of Pillar on this First day of Novena. Thanks to the One who shared this Novena Prayer for all of us. AVE MARIA!

    ReplyDelete
  7. tonight is the last day of the Novena. thank you for sharing. . . tonight is the last day of the Novena, but let us still continue to ask for the intercession of Our Lady of the Pillar to stop this pandemic ..

    ReplyDelete
  8. The novena for this year begins again.
    The most amiable grace of the Lady of the Fort be upon us always! -Ann de Gracia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Muchísimas gracias La Virgen del pilar

    ReplyDelete
  10. Muchisimas gracias..nuestra seniors la virgen del Pilar..amen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gracias Virgen del Pilar tu siempre ta ayuda, donde el bien impossible ta hace tu posible, Ampara di amun ciudad de Zamboanga La Patrona del Ciudad de Zamnboanga

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lady of Pillar please intercede in my prayers.Please take care of my children, guide ,bless them with wisdom and keep them always under your care.

    ReplyDelete
  13. We do not worship Mary. We venerate and honor her. We praise her, but never worship her. To do so is idolatry, blasphemy, and sacrilege! We worship and adore God alone. Please remove the word worship in the prayer of the first day of the novena.

    ReplyDelete