Wednesday, May 8, 2013

MY HIATUS IN GERMANY AND HOLLAND @ 2013

I have been away for sometime and still am away, for work-related activities that I have to accomplish first.

In this hiatus (from blogging!), I feel that I am doing so many things that are opportunities and challenges at the same time... and to top it all, I also have a marvelous travel to go with it, with family bonding to go.

I wouldn't bore you with the work-related things, but it deals with continuing MRI education plus a quality program (in Admin) for the hospital.

UniversitätsKlinikum Heidelberg: Orthopädische Klinik

Spring came late. This is taken during one of the first sunny days in Spring and they savor the sun by taking lunch outdoors!

UniversitätsKlinikum Heidelberg: Orthopädische Klinik Radiology Department

L-R: Dr. T. Tam Bui, Dr. U. Stamfl, Dr. J. Kollmer, Dr. M. Tariq from Pakistan, Dr. Marc Andre Weber (Radiology Head), Dr. J. Rem, Dr. F. Rojo
The add-ons were actually the highlight for the following reasons:
1) I was able to visit Heidelberg, Germany, a most beautiful idyllic German city with a baroque style Old Town. 
    I really do hope I can share more about this beautiful place....so many stories I want to share!
Old Heidelberg with the Alte Brucke and the Heidelberg Castle
2) I found a piece of history with our visit to Wilhelmsfeld, a suburb of Heidelberg and find a monument of our National Hero, Dr. Jose Rizal in a park under his name.
at the Jose Rizal Platz at wilhelmsfeld, Germany
3) We met Zen, our classmate in Med School in Germany through Carolyn in FB (or should I say, Zen "found" us in Heidelberg!)
4) My family had a great, different kind of tour === the Transport Tour
           a) Sinsheim Auto and Technik Museum, 22 km southeast of Heidelberg, Germany
           b) Harley Davidson Store in Frankfurt, Germany
           c) Mercedes Benz Museum and Showroom in Stuttgart, Germany is the MUST-SEE Museum of them all... not only old cars but matched with World's History as well as complemented by a showroom where you can actually sit in the whole range of Mercedes Benz's Class A, B, C, D, E, F, G and etc., including the newest and flashiest models!
           d) Porsche Museum in Stuttgart, Germany
           e) Museo Ferrari in Maranello, Italy
Thanks to Lani and the Lombardi family for taking care of my family in Italy.
           f) Ferrucio Lamborghini Museum in Ferrara, Italy
meeting Fabio Lamborghini in Ferrucio Lamborghini Museum!

           g) Ducati Factory Outlet in Bologna, Italy = they reached the place, only it happened to be closed for the day. 

               h) but they passed by Zurich in Switzerland and visited Schaffhausen with CMZ friends, esp. Amy and Fil-Am who invited us through FB!
5) Visited the beautiful and gay city of Cologne, Germany
           a) Dom (Cathedral)
            b) Hohenzollern Bridge with padlocks of love
6) Ended the trip with a fabulous visit to Holland, The Netherlands and its interesting culture, natural beauty and lovely folks.
           a) Tulip fields
Thanks to Mimi, my "director" and photographer in the Tulip Fields...
this is one of the most memorable and fun experience for me!!!
so nice also to meet your family! 
           b) Keukenhof, also known as the Garden of Europe, is the world's largest flower garden located near Lisse, Netherlands.
           c) Windmills
           d) Zaanse Schans Dutch Village
                     i) Dutch Clogs
                    ii) Delft Blue Pottery
                    iii) Dutch Pancakes
Apple Cinnamon Pancake
                    iv) Cheese
            e) Amsterdam
            f) St. Francis Xavier Church, a Jesuit Church in Amsterdam
            g) Family Bonding with the De Beijer family... a million thanks to your hospitality!

Bram, Aeryn and Kaye... we had such a great time!!!
the beautiful De Beijers!!!
         h) at last meeting Aeryn, my very beautiful behaved niece who will soon be a year old!


I wish I can have the time to tell stories of some of these memorable experiences but it would have to wait for a bit...

Till then!!!


52 comments:

  1. Whao...so nice to go to Germany and the tulip fields in Holland. It must have been a magical time for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Germany! It's one of the country's that I really want to visit if only I had the means. Lucky you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are still young, Jemm...it will come! sometimes in line with work, not necessarily just for vacation...

      Delete
  3. That's quite an experience there! I am surprised Dr. Jose Rizal has a memorial in Germany! Lovely way to have family bonding time! =D

    http://eljovenlector.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I wanna visit all the places you went to especially the Rizal Park and the car museums! haha I love cars although I don't know how to drive. I just love the way they're built. I also love the tulip gardens! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a magical time away. Just gorgeous.. thanks for sharing all your lovely photos. ;-)
    Yes, I've been gone awhile. :-)
    Eliz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice to see our very own Jose Rizal's monument in Germany.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How nice to be able to eat outdoors. Apple pancakes look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, looks like you had a grand time...i like all the shots - cars, flowers

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a great opportunity to be able to see these magnificent places! they are part of my bucket list of places to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a splendid experience! The photos are great especially the ones behind the fall and the one with tulips!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It does look idyllic and relaxing to spend time there. Also nice that they honor our national hero. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looked like you were photoshopped in that picture with flowers. It's that perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You got my eyes on the tulips and the food! they are great!love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, nice photos. Para na din ako nakapagtravel Ms. Pinay. Sana makapagtravel din ako one day with my family of course :) Nice to see you back!

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW! great places and photos you have... I'm sure you have good time and fun memories behind all those pictures. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like the photos of different colors of tulips it's magnificient, oh well, all the picture awesome.. i will waiting for the memorable kwento's..:-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely set of photos.. can't wait to visit Europe one day again.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful experience, specially to be able to combine a family vacation with work travel. Amazing! Wish we could travel as a family too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW! lovely photos! felt like i went to Germany too.. thanks for sharing your amazing experience in Germany :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gosh, I love the tulip fields! I would love to visit that place someday!

    ReplyDelete
  21. wow, lovely photos and amazing travel experience...i love the cheese, is that cheddar?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was goat cheese, smoked cheese and so many other cheeses... I love Dutch cheese! Sort of like queso de bola but I like the smoked cheese type!

      Delete
  22. Tulips!!! Gosh, the tulip field in Holland is so pretty. I should include that on my bucket list.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow doki! Boggacious! Ang sarap ng experience, I'm so envious with the tulips.. gusto ko rin mag pose dyan hehehe..

    ReplyDelete
  24. So beautiful. Love the tulips. Plus what do you at the wall of the padlocks of love? Grab a key and open? Or add yours to the bunch?

    ReplyDelete
  25. Welcome back! I can't wait to read more of your travel stories. What a fun adventure, especially great with your family. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow ang ganda-ganda! *ecstatic* I love everything, especially the photos of Old Heiderlberg and the Tulip Fields.

    And welcome back, Ms. Pinay! Thanks for bringing us to Germany. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love the 2 best photos for me - Old Heidelberg and those with the flowers! Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I'm in love with the tulips! Also with the cars! OMG! I love Germany!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. those tulips are so lovely! beautiful places you went to!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh 2 of the places on my bucket list! :) Love the tulips!!! Are you allowed to pick some flowers if you are there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were so careful.. but we found out that after a week, they will harvest the flowers and since they are too many, they give most away. They just need the bulbs since these are so expensive and for export... about 50 euros for 7 bulbs... imagine how many bulbs in the fields!!!

      Delete
  31. Amazing place! It's really nice to combine work and pleasure. The fact that you were with your family makes everything more exciting! Way to go Doc!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Nice building, nice people and nice Rizal monument :). Thanks for sharing lots of photos!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I guess I couldn't go around too much if I was alone...

    ReplyDelete
  34. I like the Rizal monument and the tulips. The tulips are so beautiful. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Germany is part of my bucket list. And those Holland tulips are amazing! Nice ha. :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. What a marvelous family vacation sis! :) Enjoy every minute of it! [CommEx 2]

    ReplyDelete
  37. Germany is indeed one of those countries with rich cultures and great environment. I like your post with the statue of Jose Rizal.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Beautiful photos! I love the tulip fields most. Hope I too can visit those places=)

    MomMy Hanny

    ReplyDelete
  39. Wow Doc! Looks like you and your family had a grand time in Germany & Holland!

    ReplyDelete
  40. The tulip fields!!! It's amazing :)) I envy you for being able to set foot in Germany! Ahh must visit surely!

    ReplyDelete
  41. cool pics! I wish I could visit Europe soon...

    p.s. love the Ferrari Museum!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Wow! I hope I could go to places you've been to! So far, I have only been to Japan for an Exchange Program when I was in high school. Never tried going to other places abroad. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My first ever trip was also for an Exchange Program to Japan... this may mean you will travel also as much as me! What was your exchange program?

      Delete
  43. Amazing! I'm hoping I can check out locations you've been in order to! Up to now, I've just attended Okazaki, japan with an Swap Software while i was in secondary school. By no means tried out likely to other locations overseas. :)Gold On RunescapeGold für World of Warcraft

    ReplyDelete
  44. your son is very lucky that he gets to travel at a young age

    ReplyDelete
  45. Did you know that that you can make cash by locking selected pages of your blog / site?
    Simply join AdWorkMedia and run their Content Locking tool.

    ReplyDelete
  46. it's so nice for you to share those pics of flowers. they're so beautiful. i feel as if i'm at that place

    ReplyDelete