Thursday, August 2, 2012

NAIA TERMINALS: ONLINE CHECK-IN OR NOT

Last May, I was very fortunate to have a short trip to Paris and my flight carrier was Thai Airways.

I was lucky that one of the persons on the trip with me volunteered to do the online check-in for me because I actually didn't bother to think about this. 

As soon as I entered the Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) Terminal 1, the lady guard said, "Your airline is Thai? The line is really long!"


The queue is the whole length... just have to keep your cool if you didn't do online check-in!
The line is as far as your eyes can see... 



True enough, the queue was too long and snake-like already!

Then, I asked the Thai Airline staff, if there is a separate line for the online check-in and she said, "Yes!".
Wow! there were only three people ahead of me!

The guy in the long queue said, "We also got the ticket online! "

The Thai staff said, "Sorry, Sir. This is for online check-in. This is different from online purchase of the ticket. "


I remembered I stayed in the long queue when I didn't check-in online for Singapore Airlines last year.


MORAL OF THE STORY: 
IF YOU INTEND TO TAKE THE FOREIGN AIRLINES LIKE THAI AIRWAYS, CATHAY PACIFIC, SINGAPORE AIRLINES, EMIRATES, ETC., DO THE ONLINE CHECK-IN FOR A SHORTER QUEUE!


When I took the PAL Flight last March and this August, there was no need to check-in online because the queue was manageable both times and I didn't notice (and I looked!) if there was a separate line for this. The only special separate queue was for Business Class passengers!
These PAL Charming ladies welcome you and point you to the number of the  counter


short line for the Immigration


The flow in the PAL Centennial Airport (NAIA Terminal 2) compared to NAIA Terminal 1 is really more relaxing  including the VISA Part and I also like the Duty Free in Terminal 2 (I think also Terminal 1) because the exchange is the existing Dollar Exchange = = example: at the Terminal 2 Duty Free, the dollar exchange is P 41.90 while in the plane, the dollar exchange is P 43.30!
And of course, they have the Travelite thing, which gives a 7% additional discount if you get it when you come back!


NAIA Terminal 3 for Cebu Pacific also feels better because of the newer airport. If I remember right, online check-in is an option and not as necessary than in the situation in NAIA Terminal 1.
Only, since it is our budget airline, we also land at the budget airport wherever our destination is!


If I had a choice, I prefer the PAL Airport (NAIA 2), but that is not the only reason for the choice of the flight carrier  - - there is the cheaper ticket... but beware the midnight flights can still make us spend more with an extra day in the place and not even enjoy it.


AGAIN, don't forget your ONLINE CHECK-IN if you don't want to stand in line too long!

No comments:

Post a Comment