Wednesday, August 10, 2011

CAMIGUIN 4: White Island

Today, they wanted to go to the White island, but I wasn't too keen to wake up before 6 a.m. just to go there. But they woke up Joko to join them and I woke up, too. I followed them just to take pictures as they take the boat ride, but in my subconscious, I know I wanted to join them...and so I did! I was unprepared but I guess for me, the most important thing to bring was just my camera..and nothing else!
White Island is a sandbar about 1.4 kilometers off the shores of Camiguin between Agoho and Yumbing district and is one of the most popular sites to visit in the island. 
the building behind the boatman is Paras Resort!
Barangay Agoho and Yumbing are 4 km north of Mambajao. A motorela brings you there in 10 minutes.
Since we were already in the Paras Resort across the White Island, we just needed an 8 to 12 minute boat ride from the boat-station in Yumbing, beside the Paras Resort to the White Island costing about Php 300.00 to 400.00 per boat and you can divide the cost depending on the number of passengers, up to 8 people.
This sandbar has absolutely no trees nor shrubs, with picturesque  background, Mt. Hibok-Hibok and Mt. Vulcan. 
I thought I remembered a single shrub there 28 years ago but I guess it may have been a small hut!
I thought there was a shrub then...and we were the only visitors, only four of us!
We now have to pay an environmental fee of P20.00 but it is fine since they really do keep the beach clean.
Sign the visitors record book and pay Php 20.00...
Since it is a sandbar, of course, we see lots of white sand. Now, there is a continuous influx of tourists in little pump boats visiting the sandbar where you can swim, snorkel or simply just enjoy the view. 


The island is still big enough and there are areas
where the visitors don't necessarily go there anymore...

found a little shade...

don't forget the souvenirs...
looks modern from the vantage point...
It was enough for me just to be there again...


Freedom!!!
the seaweed and the sand dollar...


now back to Paras Resort!
I appreciate the people of Camiguin and how their political will makes their Island a very nice and comfortable place to visit! It is very clean...with good roads...kind people...and they have developed the tourist spots they have...and still keep the rustic feel!

No comments:

Post a Comment