Friday, December 16, 2011

NIKON COOLPIX P300 COMPACT CAMERA: MACRO AND ZOOM

This is the third of my blogs on the Nikon Coolpix P300 compact serious camera with a low aperture of f/1.8!

Let us now look at images taken with the macro.
This is not the best macro compared to other similar cameras but a 3 cm distance is acceptable.

These are the food shots I took.




Here are some macro shots.



These are the zoom shots from the Nikon Coolpix P300.
Equivalent to the 35 mm camera, the Nikon Coolpix 300 zoom is 24 - 100 mm, which gives a really wide angle and sufficient zoom.
I didn't expect the camera to have a zoom lens but the range is fine and the digital zoom is also good.
Set 1.
Wide angle
Midzoom

Full optical zoom

Full digital zoom

Set 2:
Wide angle

Midzoom

Full optical zoom

Full digital zoom


Set 3.
Wide angle

Full optical zoom


Full digital zoom



.I know I am going to enjoy this camera which is exceedingly useful for daily use.
This can be stashed in the bag without any bulk, very discreet and useful, indeed!


P.S. When I was on the road and wanted to get shots  on landscape or interesting scenes that immediately caught my eyes while I was in a moving van, point and shoot cameras always lag, even this Nikon Coolpix P300, and this is supposed to be faster in putting the camera on to start shooting.
My son said, "Mom, better put out the DSLR since you're missing a lot of shots!"
So for on the road trips, where I start clicking away, DSLR always win!

No comments:

Post a Comment